Sunday, October 15, 2006

Frankenstein on LP


I finished this last night. It's another painting on a record. I guess I'm thinking a lot about Halloween lately. One of the coolest monsters is Frankenstein. I once did a drawing of Frankenstein's Bride way back when I was in high school. I think I still have it. I'll have to find it to show Wesley that I have done some monster art myself. I think when I did it I was just liking the fact that she was an old movie character. Although I had an interest in fantasy back then too.

I've put a gloss varnish on one of my records, but this time I used matte finish. I guess it's a personal preference of which to like more. It seemed to me that Frankenstein should be matte, not all shiny-like. The glossy one does look good to me. But the record with gloss is a pop girl blowing stars, or snowflakes. So she definately needed a glossy finish.

-SOLD-

No comments: