Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Painting A Day - "Sunset on Half Dome"


This is my "Painting A Day" - number 2. It is watercolor on 140 lb watercolor paper. 5x7 inches. I'm surprised I finished one on a Wednesday. Today is the day I go to volunteer in my son's class. Fifth year of doing that, every Wednesday. I usually don't get a lot of art done on these days. I'm usually pretty tired after helping in the class. I love the kids, but they really can be mentally draining! But I'm breaking old patterns and doing art in spite of being drained. Yay!!

I thought I would do a vacation-inspired painting on this day. I've done many Half Dome paintings in my travel journals. It's a tradition for Wesley and I to do at least one Half Dome rendering at sunset. So I used this year's journal entry and a photo we took as inspiration for this little painting. Yosemite is such an extraordinary place. I often wonder how so much beauty can be in one place.

I'm offering this painting for sale on eBay - $9.00 opening bid. See the link to the right. Thanks!

No comments: