Sunday, November 05, 2006

Painting A Day - Ostrich ACEO


We saw this beautifully unusual ostrich on Route 66 near the Petrified Forest. These birds are so very interesting I just had to do a painting that has been in my mind for a couple months. We stopped to see the ostrichs on our way home from Michigan in July. It was a bit intimidating to feed these guys from a plastic cup!

This is an ACEO/Artist Trading Card, size 2.5x3.5 inches, acrylic on 140 lb. watercolor paper.

-SOLD-

I see my painting a day didn't go far. I woke on October 26 with a cloud of smoke looming 8 miles away. The day unfolded into one of the saddest days our little mountain community has seen. The death of the five firefighters from Engine 57 deeply affected many people, near and far. The week was just filled with too much sadness, and busyness that my art suffered. In the midst of this tragic, unusually busy week, I turned 40. I think I'll have more time now, so I should be back again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this guy has character! great job

saffron said...

Thanks rhonda! Yes, the model also had lots of character.