Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Pretty in Pink



Well here's yet another flapper. The theme week for the ACEO Enthusiasts group on eBay was "cosmetics." I have a picture of my sister that I always wanted to do a painting of. She was about 17 in the pix and she is putting on some makeup. I thought that was a good excuse to finally do the picture of her. So I started doodling and soon the image turned into this flapper girl. My sister never was a flapper but I guess I like to draw that kind of girl so much that it just transformed into this. Soon I saw the face in the heart and that became my valentine stamp from the previous post.

This girl had to take a break and go powder her nose. She's surely hiding something very sad as you can see in her eyes. I hope she gets a handle on her emotions and can go back to the party and have a fun time after all.

This is of course another ACEO, 2.5x3.5 inches, acrylic.

No comments: