Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Illustration Friday - citrus



This week's Illustration Friday theme is "citrus." And here we have a lovely Goddess of the Citrus fruits.

I guess you would call this mixed media. It's a little bit of collage using tissue paper. I also enjoyed using my new Winsor & Newton colored inks, both with brush and a pen. I've wanted a set of these little colored inks for a long time. I finally splurged (using my 40% off coupon) and bought some at Michaels. They have the cutest labels and boxes, and the colors are so vibrant.

This is an ACEO (2.5x3.5), art card, mixed media on 140 lb. watercolor paper.
-SOLD-

4 comments:

catboxartstudio said...

This is so cool! Love the colors, well done!

Unknown said...

i too love those colors!
good work, so whimsical and fun!

joona said...

very fairy like and dreamy... =)

Sam I Am said...

love this saffron!!! the colors are so vibrant and yummy!!! isn't it fun to splurge on new supplies??? hehehe
hugs..sandy