Monday, May 28, 2007

Snowplants in the Forest



A snowplant is one of the more unusual things to find in the forest. Many sprouted up down the road from my house. That's what they do, they just suddenly appear. Their color is so unusual for our forest. When you first see them, you're bound to think they are man-made. And I don't know why they're called "snowplants", it hasn't snowed for weeks now. Another short lived beauty, these are so fun to see, and fairly rare. So enjoy them if you're lucky enough to see one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, are you sure that isn't ribbon candy? What an amazing plant.

SeasideQuilts said...

Wow! Those are beautiful!

Unknown said...

i have to repeat the others, WoW! that is so kooky!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Wow--I've never seen those before--VERY funky looking!
Smiles, Karen

Anonymous said...

Hadn't seen them before, but I saw TONS on Saturday hiking from Deer Springs Trail across to Humber Park. They were beautiful. L. S. kept claiming they were called "snow-something" but Leslie and I didn't really believe him. We thought a name with fire in it would seem more appropriate. So I sent him a link to your site!

Tamara said...

WOW! I had no idea something that looks like that existed in nature. :-) Cool!