Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July! Etsy Bloggers Street Team/Etsy Sellers Pick-O-The-Week - folkit



Happy 4th of July to all you Americans, or any who celebrate this day. We enjoyed the town a little, then had a relaxing day at home, in the seemingly-record-breaking heat. I hope all of you Southern California friends out there are staying cool! When it's 95 degrees at 6200 feet elevation, you know it's a sizzler!!

I'm now part of the Etsy Bloggers Street Team! There are a lot of Etsy sellers who blog, and they are fun to find, and read! The Street Team has it's first theme this week... "Orange for Etsy." To me the color orange is very cheerful and I love it in paintings. I'm combining my Pick-O-The-Week with the theme. So I was searching for something orange on Etsy using the "colors" search method. I never really understand just how this thing works. And I still think it doesn't come up with a lot of items. It did however bring me to my featured artist of the week... folkit. Dan C Pop Outsider Folk Art has a lot of original paintings and I notice quite a bit of orange being used. More importantly, this art is so vibrant, and has such a sense of humor, that I was instantly drawn to it. I love this cat, what you see is actually a crop, the whole piece is 5.5 x 23", and on recycled wood - always desirable to me. I love this Outsider Art!! And he has a blog. Good stuff!!

So again I say - stay cool out there!

5 comments:

Lis said...

Wow what a great find - I love his art!

Terri said...

Orange kitties are my favorite--great piece!

Unknown said...

Great pick! You gotta love that cat!

Over The Top Aprons said...

This is a great contribution to the Etsy Blogger "orange theme"! Corline

artsyclay said...

Love the cat! I have a cat on my orange theme post too. :)