Sunday, December 09, 2007

My Christmas Tree



The little storm from yesterday turned into quite a dumping! That made for a stay-at-home kind of day. Cold and beautiful!



We've been decorating a little at a time. I needed a tree topper so I thought I'd make one. I got this dove at my local thrift store. I cut the wings off and glued on just a piece of the wing.(The original wings were just too big, and the real feathers didn't glitter well) Glittered it silver, made a pink-glittered, Good-Witch-Glenda crown, and gave it a little message to hold. He looks rather stoic perched proudly at the top.



This is actually my first "real" Christmas tree since I grew up. In the past, for many years, I had a manzanita branch for a tree. I was suddenly ready for a change. I found it at the local thrift store. It was in an enormous box, and they just didn't want to put it together to see if it was complete. So what a score for me! The over load of ornaments works, and looks, way better than on the manzanita. A branch was fun and unique. But this new tree is very refreshing, and I'm lovin it!!

No comments: