Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Retro Christmas!


I love all things retro when it comes to Christmas! I seem to enjoy the kitchier-side of Christmas, rather than the perfectly trimmed, serious stuff. Although I really do love ALL Things Christmas, really!

While at my mother's house this weekend, we helped her with her tree. She's got a lot of wonderful goodies as well! This little treasure was found at a yard sale a couple of years ago. I was so jealous that I hadn't found it! I love this trio of carolers. And it's a music box too!



These 2 little elves are some of my all time favorites! They use to belong to my ex-step Dad, but they mysteriously ended up with my mom after the split. That's one reason I love them so much, just happy memories. Sorry, Bob G. but I really think we (or at least myself) loved them ever-so-much more than you ever could!! I have a collection of Christmas elves and these probably started my love affair with them!

We are still in the process of putting on the holiday duds in our house. I hope to share some pix soon!

1 comment:

Sheikasaurus Rex said...

Those are just darned cute! (Love the striped stockings.) Sometimes, old-school kitsch is just cooler than what they come out with these days. (Bratz doll heads as tree ornaments at Wal-Mart. *confused look*)