Monday, January 14, 2008

Secret Life of the Forest -PRINT



I've been trying to get a new print up for sale on Etsy each day. My newest is this illustration from 2006. It was originally made with pen and ink and watercolor. It was for a theme ... secret.

This is the "Secret Life of the Forest." I was influenced by the mighty trees that I live amongst. They are quite beautiful and stately and I just know they have a secret life that we humans are not aware of! That's why I get so sad when one is ruthlessly chopped down for toilet paper, or is killed by bark beetles.

They are amazing to live with, but can also be very frightening when they are being whipped by the wind! We had a bit of the Santa Ana winds this weekend. With them come my allergies. And more aggravation to my sinus infection. Well I've self diagnosed myself with this condition. I probably should go to the doctor, but I'm holding off a little bit longer.

That's one reason I'm having a hard time creating a new painting. Not a lot of extra energy, that and my time is always taken away by other things. Mostly volunteering. I really have to cut down on that soon, but I want to help my son as much as possible while his youth is with me. One day I won't have that, and I must do what I can now.

See all of my prints on Etsy here.

2 comments:

emilayusof said...

Great painting!

Unknown said...

What a whimsical painting...so imaginative!
I love your arm/hand warmers too!