Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Break Continued


Another adventure we went on while in the OC was a trip up to the "Canyon." This is Modjeska and Silverado Canyon, places dear to my heart, in the Santa Ana Mountains. I hadn't been there for years before the fires of 2007. Thanks to all the rain, it's green again, and mending.


We took all four boys (my son, and my 3 nephews) to the little park, and went on a little walk up to the gazebo. You can only hike so far with 2 1/2 year old twins.


The sentimental lupines were blooming. So pretty! I was so happy that the Tucker Wildlife Bird Sanctuary made it through the fires. Seeing the effects of the fire really makes me fearful yet so grateful at the same time. Firefighters are so amazing to me, and they are my heros. It was a lot of fun to go back to my childhood stomping grounds!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Beautiful photos! Makes me wanna get outside! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Lovely Lupines! Such a pretty color!
Glad to hear the bird sanctuary is okay. Firefighters are heroes for sure.