Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Holidays to you!


I'm reaching the end of my Holiday preparations. What a strange season this has been. For some reason the Christmas spirit never really joined me this year. I did my best, and forced it anyway.

I made my cute card, but did I send them? No! I did give to some friends though. Yesterday, I couldn't find 2 gifts... still can't... burnt half a batch of cookies... stayed up till 3 am... a good thing is the fudge is only minimally gritty.

Oh well you can't be a jolly ol' elf every year. Well I know many who can, but I guess not me. As much as I have in my head how the perfect Christmas should be, it rarely happens. A big reason for me... PROCRASTINATION!

I've had a rough autumn this year, on a personal level. That could've had a big effect on my Christmas spirit. I did make a lot of holiday sales, both online and in the real world. That helped a lot, but also made me extra busy, and that also effected my preparations.

Well, even with an odd Christmas, I'm still grateful for the many things that I do have. My family, friends in the physical and virtual realm, and beautiful place to live, and a quaint little home.

I wish you all a most Joyous Holiday filled with laughter and love. See ya on the flip side!

No comments: