Saturday, January 17, 2009

Illustration Friday - contained



Boy, what a blogger-bum I've been lately!

I did an Illustration Friday, but I'm a day too late. This is for the prompt "contained."

I can't contain the happiness I feel over the coming inauguration. I'm hopeful for better times ahead, for us all.

This is just a quickie acrylic painting on paper.

So I didn't officially make it for the IF deadline, but at least I did one this week.

I was also inspired a little by watching some 5th graders painting today. They were really enjoying their mixing of the paint, so I wanted to just throw on some paint also. It's a little different than my normal style?

Speaking of the 5th graders. One of them made the comment while doing this mixing of paint.... "I feel like a kid again." That was surely the quote of the week. See how important art is, especially for kids?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like your image. And yes I'm also very excited about the Inauguration and our next President! :)

BTW - I originally stopped by to thank you for adding a link to our Daily Holidays page over in your Neato Sites.

Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

Well all I can say is..."Amen Sister! You're preaching to the choir!" I feel the same!

Laume said...

I feel the same way - all grinning at odd moments, can't keep it in happy! Wonderful image.