Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Wishing For Spring


Don't wish for Spring before it's time,
Thinking all will then be fine.
Time moves swiftly on its own,
Life flies by all alone.
Don't hope that it will faster fly,
Or it may listen, and then you die.
----Saffron


I wrote this poem March 5, 1992. Boy, my life hasn't changed much it seems. I still dwell on the winter weather, trying to survive it and it's hardships. This only makes me realize I still have over month of real winter here on the mountain. I have to deal with it as best I can.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burr,it looks pretty vols up there!

Anonymous said...

the keyword being vols!Cold I say,cold up there it looks like...

Lo Christine said...

I feel the same, I keep wishing for spring but know that we have a good amount of winter left!

Gerushia's New World said...

Oh my gosh, I've been a away from my blog for a little while, and I came back to find you are posting again. I'm so happy to see you back again.

Sorry about that long winter. It's funny, because we don't live very far away from each other, I'm in Riverside County, but our winters sure are different.

Hang in there:
Kim
Gerushia's New World
(Previously Garden Painter Art)

Sam I Am said...

oh how i love Idyllwild in the winter!! we make a trip up there a couple of weeks ago..and i didnt want to leave!! soooo pretty..