Monday, March 14, 2011

Traditional Batiks


I got my most extensive art lesson of the year completed this week! This is the 6th year I've done this lesson with all the 6th graders. Unfortunately, last year's class didn't get to do them. It was so busy, and I couldn't fit it in when they were learning about India. The teacher wouldn't let me do at a later date. To see the details and more examples you can see my earlier blog entries here, here, and details of the process here.


Elephants are a very popular design, since this lesson is based around India. This is one of the better elephants that has been done over the years. This girl was very meticulous with her drawing and then with the painting.


This fish was my favorite one for the year. Don't ya just love it? It's very inspiring and makes me want to get back into my own batiks, which is my plan for the near future.

No comments: