Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gila Monster Challenge



I couple weeks ago my son bought a book that helps you to expand your creativity and imagination by drawing different characters. The book is Fantasy Genesis A Creativity Game for Fantasy Artists by Chuck Lukacs. You roll dice and receive different animals and elements etc, and you are to make a creation with what is given to you.

The elements that I was to use were a Gila Monster, a Shell, a Vine, Bolts, Lava and an Old Village. This is what I came up with. I used pen and ink, markers, watercolor and india ink and acrylic ink. It was done in my sketchbook, which isn't really meant for painting, and a warping occurred from it. It doesn't bother me because it gives it the appearance that it's a tie die on fabric.... Gotta see the positive! I'm just such a person that loves putting drawings into some kind of book, rather than let it float around and not get viewed, and possibly lost.

No comments: